The Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor’s Club has a long-standing reputation for being Madison’s premier hotel. Our ongoing fundraising sponsorships and donations are underlined by a commitment to create a true sense of community — both outside and inside the hotel. We embrace our responsibility of being a community leader by:
- Hosting an annual children’s holiday party for over 250 area youth through The Dane County Boys and Girls Club and various Madison-area community centers. Our party includes a kids’ buffet, cookie decorating, entertainment, holiday portraits with Santa or the Grinch, a craft station and gifts.
- Sponsoring an annual United Way Campaign and Day of Caring for hotel employees, we even won the Innovation Award for our in-lobby stationary bike marathon!
- Donating hundreds of gift certificates yearly to non-profit organizations
- Our ongoing “Hotel with a Heart” program, started in 1995, giving a special night away with a Governor’s Club room and dinner in the CIRC to families caring for a person with a disability or other special needs while our friends at the Family Support and Resource center provide respite care for their loved one
- Providing complimentary rooms to cancer treatment patients through the American Cancer Society
- Donating food to Second Harvest food banks
- Providing class space for literacy programs
- Purchasing recycled products when possible
- Donating used linens and furniture to local organizations and shelters
- Encouraging hotel employees to volunteer with local community organizations
- Supporting the arts through sponsorships and donations